It’s time you start reading the room – but not just in the figurative sense! Kahoot! Word Clouds provide a visual representation of student learning and also makes for awesome classroom decor!
Word Cloud prompts players and students to type-in an answer or response to a Kahoot! Question type. As students submit responses, their answers populate a growing word cloud, text-tile display! If students are to share the same reply, that tile augments to reflect the additional replies. A bigger text-tile = more students have added this answer!
Word Clouds can be reviewed virtually during live gameplay, or exported and printed after asynchronous review. Add your own! Here’s how:
- Login to your Kahoot! account via www.kahoot.com
- Select a ready-made kahoot from the Discover page, or browse from content within your own Library
- Navigate to Edit Mode and “Add a question” within the Creator
- Select “Word Cloud” from the listed question types
- Include a question title or prompt to elicit student responses
- Save your kahoot! It’s time to play. Press Start to PIN-in and begin.
- Watch and learn. Student responses will begin populating the screen. After the question timer has lapsed, Hosts can select “Skip Answers” or “Display Answers”.
#KahootTip: Select “Skip Answers” during any sort of feedback related content, this helps keep students honest and anonymous!
- Hosts can review Word Cloud responses in the automated Kahoot! Report and export the montage as a printable.
Make an impact with your class
Word Cloud formats fit classroom dynamics of all sizes, ages, and experiences. Check-out how some Teachers of Awesome use Kahoot! Word Cloud with their students:
- Use Word Cloud to prompt discussion on classroom preferences
What’s your favorite cafeteria lunch option?
- Include Word Cloud to brainstorm character themes and motifs during a class novel study
What adjective best describes this character in Chapter 4?
- Embed a Word Cloud prompt to celebrate classroom learnings
What are you most proud of this year?