It is amazing and encouraging to kick off the year by celebrating a big milestone. Today, we are proud to announce that we have reached 70 million unique monthly active users on our platform, growing at a rate of 75% year over year. Just to put these numbers into perspective: a popular global service like LinkedIn took 8 years to reach 70 million users, while we reached this mark in just 4 years.
And for that, we are very thankful to you, our wonderful community of students, teachers and lifelong learners around the globe, who select Kahoot! to make learning awesome and fun in different settings! I’d also like to thank our amazing and passionate employees, who are committed to making learning fun, magical, and engaging through games and who work hard to make Kahoot! even better every single day.
Deeper dive into numbers
Out of the 70 million monthly active users, 42 million (60%) are from the United States. We are thrilled to have gained such a presence in the U.S. classrooms, with more than 50% of U.S. K-12 students playing Kahoot! every month.
Since our launch in 2013, we’ve had a staggering 1.6 billion(!) cumulative participating players on our platform. Beautifully played, Kahoot!’ers! We hope that our library of 51 million public kahoots on our platform will make it easy for you to find a match on any topic, for any subject.
Plus, Kahoot! has a million corporate users — 25% of which work at Fortune 500 companies with usage growing 100% year-over-year in 2017.
See our infographic with key stats from the platform:
Did you know that…
Here are some more remarkable facts and numbers from Kahoot!:
- 47% of U.S. K-12 teachers used Kahoot! in 2017.
- every second, 3.3 kahoots are hosted globally.
- every minute, 200 kahoots are hosted, with 240 questions answered every second and 14,400 answers every minute.
- more than 100,000 videos with the Kahoot! theme song have been uploaded to YouTube and hundreds of thousands of Kahoot! memes have been created.
- Kahoot! being played 1.6 billion times since launch puts Alf Inge Wang, composer of the highly-viral Kahoot! lobby and countdown music, among the most-played Norwegian artists in history, in the company of big names such as A-ha, Kygo and Alan Walker.
- with 42 million users, Kahoot! is the largest Norwegian tech application in the United States.
- since its launch, Kahoot! has been played in all 206 countries in the world (as recognized by the United Nations).
Upwards and onwards!
We couldn’t be happier and prouder to share Kahoot!’s impressive growth numbers for 2017 and our goal is clearly to continue with this momentum in 2018. Last year was pivotal for the company with the launch of Kahoot! Studio, Kahoot! Plus and the brand new Kahoot! mobile app – we are so appreciative of our users who have embraced Kahoot! and our new products with open arms!
Here’s to more growth and success in 2018!
You can read more about this announcement in our latest press release.